Ready to build a bundle?
If you are new to Bundle Builder, this Quick Start guide is for you. We take you from start to finish and cover all the essential steps. By the time you complete the last step, you will have a live bundle ready for sale on your site.
Here’s the best part. After you create the first one, you’ll be able to repeat the steps and build oodles of bundles quickly.
This Quick Start guide shows you the essential tips, tricks, and tweaks. However, it is not a complete reference manual that describes every Bundle Builder feature. Where possible and practical, we link to articles that describe advanced features.
After reading this introduction, click the links below and complete the steps in sequence.
But before you start
Before you start building, a moment of contemplation is in order. We encourage you to consider which type of bundle makes sense for a) the product mix you want to sell and b) your business circumstances.
- Do you want to create a Single SKU Bundle or a Multiple SKU Bundle?
Both bundle options have advantages and disadvantages. Here’s the point: you cannot change the bundle type after you start building a bundle. Now, that’s hardly the end of the world. If circumstances change, you simply start over. A small amount of consideration before you start building could save time down the road.
- What’s the difference between a Single SKU Bundle or a Multiple SKU Bundle? Learn more.
Product set up
Before bundling, we suggest that you complete a bit of admin work.
- Go to the Products page and make sure you have correctly set up the product details for each item you plan on bundling.
- If your products have variants, make sure they are in place before you bundle. This includes assigning variant images, weights, and shipping costs.
Here is an essential step.
- Make sure the products you bundle do not use a third-party service to house their variants (e.g. Printful). Bundle Builder will not work without access to product information within your Shopify admin.
When variants are set up correctly, these good things happen:
- You have access to accurate store analytics.
- The bundle displays the correct images.
- The products in your bundle are split into separate listings for each variant. (optional)
After you complete all that admin housework, it is time to build a bundle.
- Go to Step 1 Setup.