Setup is the foundation of your bundle. This is where you choose a bundle name, bundle type, and page layout.
- Log in to your store.
- Click Apps on the side menu.
- Click Bundle Builder.
- On the next page, click the Create new bundle button.
Enter a bundle name. Bundle Builder auto-fills the Product name field with the same text.
- You can edit the Product name.
- Bundle name is not visible to your customers; it is only visible on your Shopify dashboard.
- Product name is visible to your customers. This is the name of the bundle product at the checkout (and in email notifications).
Why do we have bundle type and bundle structure and what's the difference?
When you first start using Bundle Builder getting your head around can the difference can be a bit challenging.
- Bundle type
- single SKU means the entire bundle exists as a "dummy product" which has it's own SKU (stock keeping unit) in your store and the items within it will be displayed as line items (basically descriptions)
- multiple SKU mens that there is no "dummy product" wrapper and the individual products forming your bundle are added directly to the cart using their individual SKU codes
- Bundle structure
- single page means all the items in the bundle are displayed on one page
- multiple sections means that the bundle can have many stages. A great example can be a hair care bundle where you pick your shampoo in the first stage, conditioner in the second and so on
The video below explains these concepts withs some handy examples
Choose a bundle type: Single SKU Bundle or a Multiple SKU bundle.
If you haven't yet decided which bundle type is best for your needs, click here. It's important to choose the type that best suits your needs before you create a bundle. You cannot change the type after you create a bundle.
- If you choose, Single SKU Bundle, scroll down to Bundle Structure.
- If you choose Multiple SKU Bundle, you must stop here and edit your theme. You cannot create a Multiple SKU bundle until you complete these edits. We show you how to edit your theme here.<< link >> After you edit your theme, come back to this page and go to Bundle Structure (see below).
- Choose a page layout option: Single page or Multiple sections.
- Click Next.
- Show all products together on the same page.
- Break up the bundling process into distinct steps or categories. Customers click Next and Previous buttons to view all of the products in the bundle.
In this Quick Start guide, we choose the Single page option. The Multiple sections option has a few extra steps. Learn more.
- You cannot change the bundle structure after you create a bundle.
After you complete all the Setup tasks, it is time to add products.
- Go to Step 2 Products.