Control the pricing of your bundles with our discount options.
You can return to the bundle at a later date and update prices.
- Go to Bundles.
- Select the bundle that you would like to edit.
- Click the Pricing menu tab.
When building a bundle, you need to configure three discount settings:
- category (Flat or Tiered)
Compared to the Tiered option, Flat discounts are easy to set up and administer. You apply the same discount to any bundle size or value.
- Choose Flat discount.
- Click the Type field.
- Choose a discount type. (see Type below)
- Enter a value.
- Set conditions. (see below)
- Click Save.
Both Flat and Tiered discounts have three type choices.
- Apply one percentage discount rate across all bundle products.
- Apply a constant discount (e.g. $10 USD) to each bundle purchase.
- Make sure you apply a minimum purchase condition (see below).
- Set the bundle price.
- Make sure you set the maximum and minimum value of the bundle.
Apply different discounts according to bundle size or value. There is no limit to the number of tiers you can create.
Create tiers based on one of three criteria:
- total number of products
- quantity of single product
- total bundle price
In the example below, we created two tiers.
- Tier 1: Bundles with 3 or fewer products receive a 5% discount.
- Tier 2: Bundles with 4 or more products receive a 10% discount.
To create a tier:
- Click Tiered discount.
- Click the Type field.
- Choose a discount type. (see Type above)
- Click the Add tier button.
- Select a conditional operator. (see below)
- Set the quantity.
- Set the discount value.
Choose one of these five conditional operators:
- Greater than or equal to
- Greater than
- Less than or equal to
- Less than
- Equal to
If a bundle qualifies for more than one discount at the same time, by default Builder Builder applies the greatest discount.
You can apply every discount (if the criteria are met) by selecting Apply all of these discounts.
Caution Enabling the Apply all of these discounts feature could drastically decrease the bundle price - we recommend proceeding with caution if you choose this option.
Each discount type (i.e. percentage discount, fixed discount, and fixed price) comes with customization options. The options vary with the discount type. Check the box to apply a condition.
Show discounted price
Display a 'compare at' price for the discounted bundle. If the box is checked, Bindle Builder shows the compare price on the collection page and on confirmation emails.
Allow total bundle price to be 0
If your customers can order free products inside a bundle, check this box.
If you choose the fixed discount type, check the minimum purchase box and set the appropriate value.
If you choose the percent discount or fixed discount option, you can enable the discount if the bundle reaches a certain value.
After you complete all the Pricing tasks, it is time to add design.
- Go to Step 4 Design.