On the Shipping & Tax page, you can enable shipping fees and make your bundles eligible for taxation.
Edit shipping and tax
You can return to the bundle at any time and update some settings. However, you cannot change the tax setting after you create a bundle.
- Go to Bundles.
- Select the bundle that you would like to edit.
- Click the Shipping & Tax menu tab.
This page has two options and three (optional) information fields
Check this box to make the bundle eligible for taxation. This option cannot be changed after you create the bundle. If enabled, Bundle Builder automatically calculates the total tax for the bundle.
Requires shipping (for single SKU bundles only)
Check this box to add shipping costs when sending single SKU bundles to other countries. When enabled, Bundle Builder uses default shipping options/charges that you set up on your Shopify theme's Settings page.
Other information fields
You can enter the following bundle information. (optional)
- SKU (for Single SKU bundles only): input the Stock Keeping Unit for the bundle product.
- Vendor: input the name of the vendor
- Variant prefix: change the prefix before the bundle number. Generally used as a reference number that the customer can quote (e.g. they need to make a return).
Important shipping information
Tax and shipping cost figures are calculated based on the basis of your settings on different Shopify pages, so it's important to ensure they are correctly set up.
Note: For more information about shipping and weights, we recommend reading Shopify's help pages. Learn more.
Bundle Builder only supports the default shipping location set within your Shopify admin space. Our development team is looking into adding support for multiple shipping locations. For now, you must limit your bundles to products available at your default shipping location.
You can enable local pick services on a different page. That’s optional. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Local pickup.
- How to enable local pick up. Learn more.
You can enable local delivery services on a different page. That’s optional. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Local delivery.
- How to enable local delivery. Learn more.
Set delivery costs on a different page. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Shipping.
- How to set and edit shipping rates. Learn more.
Shipping costs often vary with the weight or package dimensions of the product. Set product weight on a product page. Go to Products, select an item, and scroll down to the Shipping heading.
- How to set package and shipment weights. Learn more.
As long as your products are correctly set up with the correct weight in Admin > Products, Bundle Builder will assign the correct shipping weight at the checkout. There is no need to manually add bundle weights to your Dummy Product Page.
- We do not recommend manually adding the weight of the bundle to the Dummy Product Page. This manual addition could result in your bundle weights showing incorrect information.
Applying shipping costs to your bundle
When it comes to shipping costs, Bundle Builder treats Single and Multiple SKUs differently.
Shipping costs for both bundle types appear at the checkout stage. However, we pull different kinds of information for each SKU type.
- Single SKU: apply general (or default) shipping information set in the Shopify store.
- Multiple SKU: take into account each profile set at the individual product settings.
Applying tax to your bundle
When it comes to tax, Bundle Builder treats Multiple and Single SKUs differently.
Multiple SKU: The discount is proportionally applied to all products in the bundle. Then the tax is computed for all taxable products using the rate for the selected products.
Single SKU: This depends on whether the bundle is enabled for taxation (see above - when the bundle was created):
- If the tax option is enabled, tax is applied to the final discounted price of the Single SKU bundle, no matter if the products in the bundle are themselves taxable or not. The tax rate is taken from the bundle "dummy" product, not individual products.
- If the tax option is not enabled, no taxes are applied to the Single SKU bundle, no matter if the products in the bundle are themselves taxable or not.
After you complete all the Shipping & Tax customizations, it is time to add Conditions.
- Go to Step 6 Conditions.